Third Kit

morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
If you like it then buy it, if you don't then don't buy it. Simples.

Seriously though, does it REALLY matter that much?
No, technically it doesn't matter a jot, its the football that matters.

But I don't particularly like seeing articles in two national "newspapers" taking the mickey out of Norwich City about it, we get enough grief as it is.

I would prefer the club to be taken seriously, rather than some kind of joke, who is just making up the numbers in the Premiership this season.
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
I take your point, but I don't think it's just down to the kit. The national media will go out of their way to *bleep* Norwich regardless of what the players wear.

The only way to combat their narrow mindedness is performances on the pitch and that returns us to my original point, i.e. the lads can play in pink tutus and halter neck tops for all I care if they can get 40 points or more.
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
Of course it's the performances that matter but it's a good thing for customers to make their feelings known. I don't believe in this suffer in silence/don't like it, don't buy it approach you advocate. Hopefully the decision makers at the club will listen, learn and give us a decent kit next season.
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
I can't see any problem with criticising the shirt design. If we're to be treated like customers rather than fans then we are entitled to complain like them. As long as it doesn't transfer to unnecessary slating of AN and the boys I cannot see the issue.
 
Keckers

Keckers

New Member
The thing they will listen to the most is a drop in sales as the kit is not up to scratch.

Nothing wrong with criticising. Every customer's right. However, there has been a lot of complaints that have gone way over the top. The kits aren't great. Low sales will hopefully mean they will try harder next year. But it's no different to most years (albeit more voices saying the same thing). There will not be a shirt everyone will love. Even the good designs will be criticised for fabric / fit / colour of yellow / shade of green / print quality / etc.. Just not that big a deal in the grand scheme of things.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I'd argue that it's the difference between a 'meh' kit and 'dear god NO!' kit though Keckers.

Many fans that would buy a 'meh' kit, simply won't spend the cash on the 'dear god NO!' version, meaning a loss of revenue for the club and also disappointment from fans who would have liked to buy a shirt but just can't stomach the design on offer.

Design faux pas aside, I'm genuinely pleased and impressed that the club have made bigger sizes available again, which means it's the first time in years I can buy a shirt in my size - just why did the design have to be so *bleep*.... :(
 
Keckers

Keckers

New Member
You're right Indy. Sales will be the ultimate judge of the kits. And I expect they will be down significantly. Revenues may well be down a bit as a result but maybe the sales of the retro kits will be up as a result. Maybe not. I guess I was saying that the outraged criticism is way over the top from some. Especially on the other board and Twitter.

I'm happy about the bigger sizes but hope they aren't a ridiculous length. I'm also of larger proportions and last year's big kit was about 3 inches too long and I'm over 6 foot tall!! I don't get the sizing from Errea. My mate is a Hull fan and the 3XL from Adidas is slightly too large (good for wearing over a hoodie) but it's a good length. Surely that could be sorted? Larger gut does not necessarily mean you're 7 foot tall!! Ha ha.
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
I don't see why the club don't discuss the designs of the kits with the supporters, surely they could get errea to come up with say 3 designs for a home kit, 3 for an away kit, send these designs out to season ticket holders/members, see which ones get the most votes and there you go the most popular kit designs get released, simple.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Din
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
The third kit to me actually looks like it should belong to a third tier Rugby League team from some humdrum town in post-industrial Northern England. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I take your point, but I don't think it's just down to the kit. The national media will go out of their way to *bleep* Norwich regardless of what the players wear.

The only way to combat their narrow mindedness is performances on the pitch and that returns us to my original point, i.e. the lads can play in pink tutus and halter neck tops for all I care if they can get 40 points or more.
I do agree with what you are saying, its just a kit, and we don't have to purchase it, Norwich will never be fashionable with the media, and I'll add that if we win the FA Cup this season the home shirt will soon become everybodies favourite shirt. 

But it would be nice if the club were to just do some focus groups or something with fans from various demographics before making decisions like the one to release this kit and the wembley wall project. 

Perhaps they have, but I wouldn't consider it likely, would you? 

A business with 50,000+ customers and £100m+ in revenue should really be doing some basic market research before releasing products onto the market? 

I'd personally be interested to know what consultation or research they undertook, if any, because if decisions like this are being made in the board room or the marketing department without involving the most important stakeholders (customers) then that does - in my opinion - actually raise some important questions?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
The third kit to me actually looks like it should belong to a third tier Rugby League team from some humdrum town in post-industrial Northern England. 

Northampton Saints at your service

3.png
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Way too much hubbub over this shirt. Has been non stop on the ''Norwich City'' Twatter search I leave open.
 
C

CanaryNath

New Member
Hopefully, those people who do not like the new kits will not be douche bags and buy them regardless.

Personally, I'm Disappointed we don't have a simple, classy looking kit to show to the world, now we're back on the telebox around the globe. Look at Man City's new shirt. Simple and sharp. To me, it looks good, and sales are apparently huge.

I've recently bought last year's Norwich home shirt and had '10 'Jerome' on the back (I had to source the letters myself, as the club had run out of Football League ones and apparently

Couldn't get any more) to celebrate the fact that he's the first NCFC player to ever score a goal at Wembley.

I am not a fan of the three new kits and as such will not be purchasing one. Simples.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I've recently bought last year's Norwich home shirt and had '10 'Jerome' on the back (I had to source the letters myself, as the club had run out of Football League ones and apparently

Couldn't get any more) to celebrate the fact that he's the first NCFC player to ever score a goal at Wembley.
Somebody in marketing will read this post and there will be commemorative Jerome and Redmond shirts for sale within the hour. They'll be signed and framed and will cost your soul. 
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Somebody in marketing will read this post and there will be commemorative Jerome and Redmond shirts for sale within the hour. They'll be signed and framed and will cost your soul. 
And they'll write the names in hot pink chinese letters just to be "out there".

I wonder whether our head of retail is actually Noel Fielding. 
 
C

CanaryNath

New Member
Somebody in marketing will read this post and there will be commemorative Jerome and Redmond shirts for sale within the hour. They'll be signed and framed and will cost your soul.
The marketing team SHOULD look to their customer base for inspiration/feedback, maybe then we'd get new shirts that more people like the look of. It seems to me that they're too busy posting yet another video animation to Facebook to engage in meaningful market research.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
Hopefully, those people who do not like the new kits will not be douche bags and buy them regardless.

I am not a fan of the three new kits and as such will not be purchasing one. Simples.
I want to agree with you, I genuinely do, but I'm caught in the middle of a quandary whereby I've spent the past 3-4 years moaning like hell that the club weren't supplying shirts in big enough sizes for guys like me, so the first time they make them available after all that complaining, and I'm stuck without a single shirt of the three that I like ffs.

Should I (and other) big fans not bother to buy the new shirts, then it could easily be taken as a lack of interest and demand in the bigger sizes (rather than the designs being *bleep*) and I'm back to square one again.

Probably going to get the new home kit as the best of a bad bunch (really don't like the away and 3rd kits), but only to try to ensure larger sizing stays available in the future.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top