Third Kit

E2 Canary

E2 Canary

Member
This new 3rd kit made me throw up in my mouth a little. If you're doing hoops, at least make them line up on the sleeves properly!

I had hoped that the 3rd kit would be a "heritage" thing and make reference to the original light blue kit from 1905-07. Nope.
 
E2 Canary

E2 Canary

Member
Just in case anyone's interested, here are City kits through the ages. The fans of the "green and yellow shirt and black shorts" kits of the 60s have got a point.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Norwich_City/Norwich_City.htm
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Seriously, someone wants sacking over this. Do they even consider consulting with any fans over stuff like this?

Why didn't they put the black shorts and socks with the green shirt?

Do they think Norwich fans are so closed minded that we can't accept anything but yellow or green?

The bird poo kit was good because it was so bad, but this really is just plain bad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wiz
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3168454/Can-spot-difference-colour-three-new-Norwich-kits.html

Brilliant, the press laughing up their sleeves at us before we have even kicked a ball.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
A couple of hours later and I actually like it.

Can't wait for the club to use it once in the cup away to Northampton. 
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Isn't the change strip supposed to be totally different from the main kit apart from the badge? I have no objections to red, blue, like white, black etc but do find it strange that someone either misunderstood or was given the wrong spec by Carrow Road and each strip is Yellow and Green. 

Personally I like all white, but did like like the all navy we had in the early 90's.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Going back to the 1st kit, I wonder why they didnt put the green half on the other side, then the club badge wouldnt disappear into the green. Maybe its because you read from left to right so they felt with yellow being the primary colour it should come first?
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
God, is there anybody out there who isnt lining up to take the p*ss?  Thanks Errea  :wub:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/new-norwich-city-kit-provokes-6106780
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Genuinely, I really dont see what all the fuss is about, none of them are that great or that bad. The home kit in particular I thought has looked good on the players in the friendlies. So many more things to worry about :) 
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
It's rubbish and the really worrying thing is this:

Steve Balmer-Walters, City’s head of retail, explained: “As it is the first time in the club’s history we’ve had a third kit in the Premier League, I wanted to create a design that had the fun factor and was really out there.

 
If the head of retail is designing our kit, no wonder they're so rubbish. Shouldn't we get a designer to do it?
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
The Christmas kit according to @BigGrantHolt:

CKXWtKEWsAI-a8R.jpg
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
If you like it then buy it, if you don't then don't buy it. Simples.

Seriously though, does it REALLY matter that much?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ZLF
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
No, it really doesnt matter. Also, I just noticed that Newcastle United's third kit is predominantly black & white, not that I care about that either.
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
If you like it then buy it, if you don't then don't buy it. Simples.

Seriously though, does it REALLY matter that much?
Yes, it does, because we all want a kit that looks good and which we can wear with pride, not some rubbish that the head of retail knocked up in his free time.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
I'm always proud to wear a City shirt, whatever I think of the design......
 
M

Moosheep

New Member
I just saw someone actually wearing the 3rd kit....so someone must like it. Oh, and unlike the 1st kit which I thought looked better in the flesh the 3rd kit doesn't!
 
Keckers

Keckers

New Member
All of them quite poor designs but none are so bad as to justify the outcry. I quite like the away too but would pair it with the black shorts. Or the green shorts.

I'm more interested to see who is going to wearing whichever version on match days.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top