Grabban Keep or Sell?

  • Thread starter The Great Mass Debater
  • Start date
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
and it is - confirmed in todays press conference.
What exactly is a suspension? No training and playing? No wages? Is it anything like a normal industrial suspension? And only until Tuesday as well.

Sorry, Thick as two planks. Until after the transfer deadline.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
It was confirmed that he'd be away from the squad. I presume there would be a fine too, not that it would mean much to him.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
No wages?
I should imagine he'd have got 2 weeks wages docked, which is the maximum financial penalty a club can give to a player without the PFA giving them a headache.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
I can't see Grabban coming back from this, I doubt he'll play for us again.

I reckon we'll play pretty hard with the fee with Bournemouth though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wiz
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Have to say I really hope Grabban isn't still here come the end of the window, but I've just got a feeling he will be. I'm not saying we should just get rid at any price, but if the rumours are true and Bournemouth have put in a £5.2m bid then I'd accept that now and use the money to bring someone else in. 

One thing that's a little bit interesting, is that there are reports that we've stalled on a deal to loan Hooper to Sheffield Wednesday. Presumably the plan was to have Jerome, Grabban and one more as our 3 main strikers going into the season, with Hooper on loan. Maybe now Hooper will stay with Jerome and we'll bring in just one more striker rather than loan out Hooper and be forced to bring in two.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Grabban's probably gone on holiday for this week to Bournemouth. Saw something this morning that said he is seeking legal advice (over the suspension I think). All getting nasty. Nip it in the bud and get rid. Nothing to be achieved
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
I don't think getting legal advice is too nasty. It's a natural thing to do if he has lost two weeks wages which is probably someone else's yearly income and more. It is a lot of money after all.

Just goes to show you that footballers are commodities just like anything else that has a worth or value. He is obviously of little worth to the club any more but has a value that we will seek to reclaim.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
He has gone to the PFA, who I'm pretty sure would argue that the Yorkshire Ripper should be allowed day release to coach a ladies football team if he'd played a reserve game for Burton Albion in 1972.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
The Sun* are reporting that we rejected Bournemouth's 3rd offer of £6.5m.

I'd have snapped their hand off, if true.

* Went to a greasy spoon for egg on toast, The Sun was the best reading material on offer, the only other option was The Daily Star.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
The Sun* are reporting that we rejected Bournemouth's 3rd offer of £6.5m.
Dear god, no!

I just hope that they come back with an improved bid sharpish because I don't want this f**ker here any longer than necessary, and frankly at that price I think we're mugging them off somewhat already...
 
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
bite their hands off, get the money and stick it on either Austin or Afobe . get this armpit out of the club for good. who the hell knows what he will do next to get his own way.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Dear god, no!

I just hope that they come back with an improved bid sharpish because I don't want this f**ker here any longer than necessary, and frankly at that price I think we're mugging them off somewhat already...
Literally no team other than Bournemouth would be willing to pay that much for Grabban. 

It does sound ridiculous that we would reject that much when Dwight Gayle is said to be available for £6m.  

Then again, it is The Sun, and £5.2m to £6.5m is quite a leap so perhaps it is complete BS. 

Feels like an increment has been skipped there! £5.2m to £6m would be more believable? 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
I wonder how any add-ons are being factored into the prices quoted. If part of that 6 million is them just writing off payments we may owe them in the future then the actual money they're offering could be much lower.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
We met Grabban's release clause though, of £3m? 

Unlikely to be any clauses or a payment schedule? 
 
Wiz

Wiz

New Member
The Sun* are reporting that we rejected Bournemouth's 3rd offer of £6.5m.

I'd have snapped their hand off, if true.

* Went to a greasy spoon for egg on toast, The Sun was the best reading material on offer, the only other option was The Daily Star.
£6.5 million?

Bugger principles, we really should grabb that!
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
It just seems unlikely that we would have rejected 6.5 or even 6 million for an unsettled, misfiring striker when for just a bit more we could buy Dwight Gayle who seems a similar player but a better finisher and actually wants to be here.
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
I don't believe we'd have turned down £6.5m for Grabban before all this started, let alone where he's unsettle and clearly the best thing for the club is to get rid of him. I think it's rubbish.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
I think we've taken the stance of only selling to them if we receive a ridiculous offer and are not actually trying to sell him.

Kind of hope we don't allow him to go to Bournemouth, send a message to the rest of the squad.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top