Redmond's contract

yoraffetto

yoraffetto

New Member
I, too, fear this is our last season with Redmond. But I think he is going to propel us to surprising heights this season.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Funny how players perform better when allowed to perform the role that their abilities suit isn't it Beau?

Makes you wonder if we'd have gotten more from BJ if Hughton had used him on the left, how Howson better suits a more roving role in midfield and how Hooper works better with a strike partner and how RvW would likely be better if playing as a goal poacher instead of a target man.

I'd loved to have seen Pilks in an Alex Neil team as he's one of the few players I think we made a mistake getting rid of, even with his injury niggles.
I was gutted when we let Pilks go, one of my favourite Norwich players of the last decade. But unless he tears up the division this season it probably was the right decision
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
I have no idea. If we were to sell him I'd want about £15m I guess. Actually I'd try our luck and ask for more.
 
ZLF

ZLF

Well-Known Member
The kid is blossoming;   the raw talent is being displayed consistently and we have a structure that allows not just him but the whole midfield 4 to become fluid in its positioning;      Howsons flexability in moving to the left was particularly key on sat in facilitating this.

We can only hope he continues to sparkle - as we gain either in points or in an elevated fee when he leaves.   Enjoy him while we can.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
I dont think he should be moving for any less than 10m - and remember some of the players that have gone for more than that in recent years, Jarvis, Rhodes, McCormack. Man City have paid over 10m for Fulham's Roberts, so it isnt a ridiculous minimum price.

I dont think 10m plus add-ons and a sell-on fee would be too outrageous. I dont for instance think Raheem Sterling is 5 times the player Redmond is
 
R

RhythmicTheory

New Member
I wouldnt entertain 10 mil for Redders, start at 20 and it should be north of that in this current financial climate, but much rather he stuck with us.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
At least £15m to be seriously considered for me. If Everton are rejecting £30m for Stones (i know CB's are a lot rarer than wingers, but still), then Redmond must be worth around the £20m mark. He's a very rare talent, and i still can't believe we got him for £2m. Sorry Birmingham 
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
He's really kicked on the last few months under Neil and now he's added goals to his game I don't think we should sell for less than £20m. He's a wonderful player and it's amazing really he's only 21, yet he's not really recognised as a talent at the same level as players like Zaha, Ince or even Andros Townsend. Fact is that if he was at a top club he'd have 20 England caps to his name, and would be talked about at the level of players like Sterling. If he was at somewhere like Southampton, Swansea, Newcastle, then he'd be worth around the £30m mark. But because he's at little old Norwich if we quoted £30m for him then we'd get laughed at, when in reality I don't think that's far off at all what he's worth, and what he will be worth in the future.

I too hope he gets an England call-up whilst a Norwich player, but that looks relatively unlikely seeing as it's Euro 2016 at the end of this season, and like others I think this season may well be his last. Only way I can see him staying is if we over-achieve slightly and finish maybe top 10. That's unlikely though.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I wouldn't accept a penny less than 25mil as our rock bottom price, but should be closer to 30-35 IMHO.
 
I

It's Character Forming

New Member
I think he's recently improved his reading of the game and decision making and relies much less on beating players with pace.  Look at the composure to place the shot at the near post Saturday or the quality of his pass to Jerome for the third goal against the scum - weighted so perfectly that Jerome just had to give it a slight touch to guide it past the keeper.

i don't think we'd sell him in this window cos we couldn't get a replacement.  If he continues to perform at this level he's definitely in the £20m plusbracket.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top