dj161
Well-Known Member
precisely that, I feel that in certain parts of the ground, people dont want to be the only person in there block singing, so they just do nothing, maybe if they just sung anyway others would join in
Maybe they all need to do a few away games, to remind them how its done!precisely that, I feel that in certain parts of the ground, people dont want to be the only person in there block singing, so they just do nothing, maybe if they just sung anyway others would join in
Spot on. Superb atmosphere at West Brom yesterday.Maybe they all need to do a few away games, to remind them how its done!
I go to away games regularly and i bloody love the atmosphere. But my ST is in the lower river end and if i stood up and sung for 90 minutes I would be forced to sit down by stewards as i would be blocking the view of those behind me, and literally only 1% of people would join in if i was singing.precisely that, I feel that in certain parts of the ground, people dont want to be the only person in there block singing, so they just do nothing, maybe if they just sung anyway others would join in
Balls to em, just do it anywayThere's a bloke near me who tries to make noise the entire game and he is completely hated by those sitting around him for it :lol:
I haven't seen Carrow road rocking so much, for quite a long time. The fans did themselves proud yesterday!Good discussion this morning on MOTD2 extra about atmosphere atCarrow Road. The two who were there, (Kilbane and a woman journo), both talked about the intensity of our support, and how the players seemed to feed off it. Compared us to Leicester. Perhaps we don't appreciate what we can achieve, when the chips are down. Certainly something special is happening at the moment.
Lots of thought and effort went into Saturday. The clappers have been used before but at least crank up the volume. The playing of the 1930 version of On The Ball City as the players came out was great as was the use of Adrian Forbes as PA announcer as he was much more animated than the usual guy, and you might have noticed that several players made a point of geeing up the crowd before kick off.Have to say, for all the stick they get, I think the clappers do have an effect. I sit towards the front in the Jarrold and usually it's pretty quiet there, some fans don't even sing On The Ball City or clap at any point in the game, but those same fans do seem to use the clappers, whereas in the normal way they wouldn't be clapping. The atmosphere at times yesterday was probably as good if not better than at any point this season. Although to be fair our supporters have been generally pretty good this season, and have got behind the team even when we've not been doing well, which I don't think you could say about the Hughton seasons.
I am glad they didn't play We Will Rock You though yesterday![]()
Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.