Looks like we've signed Brady!

Wiz

Wiz

New Member
According to the Hull Daily Mail and the Pink one.

He's pulled out of their Austria trip after both clubs agreed to a £7 million fee!

Jeez that's a bit steep.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
If its true, I find it suspicious that its the exact same fee as the Snodgrass deal
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
I don't think the price is to bad in todays football market, still only 23, full international with a couple of seasons premiership experience, and came through the Man Utd youth system, not to mention the fact that a natural left sided midfielder is probably our main position to strengthen this summer, I know the £15M asking price at the start of the summer that was quoted was never going to happen but at less than half of that I'm okay with the price
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
7m doesnt buy you much these days. But at only 1m less than RvW - who has been considered to be a massive splurge it kind of puts things in perspective
 
dj161

dj161

Well-Known Member
when you consider you could buy Brady 7 times over for the price of Sterling, I think we've done a decent bit of business there
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I think we've paid about 2mil more than I'd have liked, but if AN is so absolutely set on signing Brady then I assume there's a damn good reason, and I'm willing to give him that trust to find out what that reason is.

Makes you wonder what the future hold for our current POTS, because his left sided position is now under direct threat, and he simply isn't as good centrally as the alternatives...
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
I'd take it with a slight pinch of salt. Remember everyone was reporting that we had a £6m bid accepted about a week ago, and then Bruce came out and said they'd rejected it. Until I see him in Norwich colours I won't believe it.

I'll be happy though should it be true. £7m is probably a bit steep, but he's a good player, and if he helps to keep us up then he'll be well worth it.
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
Good news. A left sided player was priority imo so I'm glad it looks like we're getting a decent one.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Neil says it's still ongoing which is pretty much what the hull paper told us shortly after the ''story'' broke last night.

We'll sign him but I don't believe the 7m fee for a second.

Would be nice if he was available to use for the West 'am game but I'm not holding my breath.
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
If, as reported, he didn't go to Austria I would expect it to be announced on Monday and for him to play against West Ham. Once you get to that stage it normally revolves itself fairly quickly.
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
Why do we need to spend so much considering BJ was our player of the season by far and should be first choice in any team selection? And if he's worth that much why are we the only club interested? We should've just moved on as soon as it became clear Hull were being unreasonable. 
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
What happens if BJ gets injured?

What happens if BJ doesn't score many goals?
 
kirku

kirku

New Member
Why do we need to spend so much considering BJ was our player of the season by far and should be first choice in any team selection? And if he's worth that much why are we the only club interested? We should've just moved on as soon as it became clear Hull were being unreasonable. 
A lot of people don't think BJ will cut it at LM in the Prem, myself included.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Its simple, regardless of what you think, we need quality cover in every position....plus of course nobody's place should be guaranteed.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Meant to say....Regardless of what you think regarding Bradley Johnson.......... 
 
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
I'm not saying don't sign anyone, just why this particular player for this much money? We could have got decent cover for BJ at a more reasonable price. Looks like we're paying over the odds for a player no one else is interested in.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
Why do we need to spend so much considering BJ was our player of the season by far and should be first choice in any team selection? And if he's worth that much why are we the only club interested? We should've just moved on as soon as it became clear Hull were being unreasonable. 
£7m sounds a lot but remember the Premier League this season is much richer than the one we were relegated from, prices have risen accordingly, its all relative. 

Its also as difficult as ever to sign good left sided players, other than Sako from Wolves and McCormack from Fulham I couldn't think of any other left sided players who would be suitable from the Championship or the relegated sides. There is always overseas, but that's always a greater risk. 

Sako is rumoured to be asking for a ridiculous salary, and McCormack would have cost just as much and is both older and can't play left back.

Brady does come with the bonus of being able to play left back if Olsson gets an injury, possibly kills two birds with one stone, brought in to compete for both left back and left midfield. 

I also wonder whether we may see wing backs at times next season, Elliott Bennett could potentially be a decent wing back, and Johnson would probably contend for a place in the middle in a midfield three? 
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gaffer

Gaffer

Active Member
Brady does come with the bonus of being able to play left back if Olsson gets an injury, possibly kills two birds with one stone, brought in to compete for both left back and left midfield. 
Good point. I was thinking we'd need to sign a left back too, especially as Olsson might not even start the season. But we might start with Brady as left back and Johnson as LM and Olsson would have to fight his way back.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
Good point. I was thinking we'd need to sign a left back too, especially as Olsson might not even start the season. But we might start with Brady as left back and Johnson as LM and Olsson would have to fight his way back.
Let's also not forget Toffolo, who after a good season on loan last year, has looked very good in the pre-season games and could easily cover Olsson for the first few weeks if asked IMHO.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top