Grabban Keep or Sell?

  • Thread starter The Great Mass Debater
  • Start date
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
If Bournemouth offer us our money back or a profit on Grabban would you sell? Bearing in mind there is only one week of the transfer window still open and we dont appear to be close to signing another striker
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
I'd keep him. Not ever going to be prolific goalscoring wise in this league, but fits our style very well and Neil clearly see's something in him. He'll have a role to play this season I don't doubt that.

Even if we were to sell him I wouldn't sell him to Bournemouth. I'd sell him to a Championship team for less money before selling him to a relegation rival.
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Depends on who we sign, a better player could make him third choice. If we play one up top in a majority of games then I can't really see him getting a lot of game time. Hooper is probably a better impact player for when we're looking for goals in the last 20 minutes. 

If it was just a case of getting the 3 million pounds back I'd keep him. If we could make a decent chunk on him then I'd consider it. That's me though, doubt Neil will sell even if we do sigh a Premier League class forward this week.

Only way I could see us selling to Bournemouth is if we go on an amazing run, are virtually safe by January and Grabban hasn't played a part.

.
 
Canaryboy

Canaryboy

Well-Known Member
I don't really know what I want anymore. 

I'd like us to keep Hooper, I think Grabban could hit a purple patch, and I'd even love to see RVW 'make it', although I wouldn't bet on that happening. 

But I also want to see us sign a couple of players, and we've already got a squad of 25. 

The only players I am convinced I don't want to see on the pitch this season are Turner and Lafferty, just can't imagine them being anything other than a liability. 

Grabban is a confidence player and at the moment he looks a bit short of it. He could find some form though, and whilst never particularly clinical he's a decent player and can cover a lot of ground.
 
Indy_Bones

Indy_Bones

New Member
I just can't see Grabban as anything more than a slightly upgraded Simeon Jackson, and I think many would agree that Jackson just wasn't good enough for this level despite his effort, work rate and ability to move defenders because he simply wasn't clinical enough when given the chances, and Grabban is little different.

I'd probably agree with Keiran though and say that if it's simply to get our money back, then we refuse, but if there's a decent profit (5mil or above offer) then take it and spend it  towards someone who IS good enough for a regular start - either a new CB or a better striker than LG himself.
 
kirku

kirku

New Member
Don't think he's got the quality we need. I'd worry if we went into the rest of the season with Jerome as our only viable option for the lone striker role.

If Bournemouth are offering reasonable money, and that means a sizeable profit for us, then I'd sell. Fact is that they're a Prem club attempting to buy a striker from a fellow Prem team, so should be playing broadly Prem money for him.
 
G

GJP

Well-Known Member
I'd rather sell RVW and/or Hooper first.

But if selling Grabban and being stuck with the other two meant we get in a "big" signing like Austin or Afobe I'd be happy.
 
B

bloodwagon

Member
Keep, as looks like we are not going to get anymore strikers in the transfer window.
 
derehamyella

derehamyella

New Member
I cannot see a problem  get as much as you can for Grabbon..  put that to the other and then get Austin ..  
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wiz
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Iam very undecided,  but for now keep rather than sell to a side who wil be in and around the same area ofnthe league as we will be. BUT, long term....if we stay up,  .he will go within 12 months as we strengthen our squad.
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
Looks like this debate has been moved along somewhat this evening!
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Seems a bit much for a paper to just make up, even the Daily Mail.

Hmmmm
 
KeiranShikari

KeiranShikari

New Member
Is the player he punched last season playing? Maybe he was worried about retaliation. 
 
R

redders

New Member
if we can get 6-7m for him and get gayle for the same price, we will have a far better player without spending.
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
I don't condone what he is alleged to have done and would buy his train tickets to Bournemouth but why, when the manager says he has a role to play, was he only going to be sub behind RVW?
 
Din

Din

Well-Known Member
Whilst I really want to believe this isn't true, the fact that there is no striker on the bench suggests to me that he was supposed to be on the bench. 

If this is true, he needs to go, now. I don't know to be honest why he would want to leave us for Bournemouth. 
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top