C
CanaryNath
New Member
With Turner now off to Wednesday on a season long loan, surely this strengthens the notion that a deal for Koulibaly/van Dijk/Nkoulou is close?
I'm not sure that Serie A is actually that much tougher than Ligue 1 these days, but even so I still feel that Nkoulou is the better player, he's played at a decent level for a number of years including some good Champs League experience, has shown his ability internationally with 63 Cameroon caps despite being just 25, and I personally feel that he's a much better ball playing defender than either VVD or Koulibaly, which is exactly what we need alongside Seb.Surprised by that. Koulibaly is a similar age, stands 6'4" (compared to 5'11" ) and is bulkier than Nkoulou while matching his pace and is playing in a much tougher league for defenders.
Well if he joined Newcastle he'd feel like he never left France.Another point to consider is that Nkoulou is an international teammate of Bassong, so who better to help him adapt to a new league and new country than that???
It doesn't matter where you move, you still have to adapt. Ofc premier league is totally different league compared to Eredivisie or even La Liga, but without well taken risks you will quite much stay at your levelAny defender coming from Europe will have to adapt to the local area, the people and the supporters. And then he has to adapt to the Premier league style.
I know absolutely nothing about the players mentioned here but do think that it is a big risk bringing any foreign player into our league unless, like Bassong, he has had experience here already.
Fair point. I think we'd both be happy with either!I'm not sure that Serie A is actually that much tougher than Ligue 1 these days, but even so I still feel that Nkoulou is the better player, he's played at a decent level for a number of years including some good Champs League experience, has shown his ability internationally with 63 Cameroon caps despite being just 25, and I personally feel that he's a much better ball playing defender than either VVD or Koulibaly, which is exactly what we need alongside Seb.
Let's also not forget that Nkoulou has been linked with moves to bigger sides before (e.g. Arsenal, At Madrid etc) which also suggests that other sides see the same quality we do.
I don't think Koulibaly would be a bad signing though, I just think Nkoulou suits replacing Martin better whereas Koulibaly would be better as a Seb replacement if you know what I mean?
All three have. Koulibaly has been linked with Everton and Southampton this summer.Let's also not forget that Nkoulou has been linked with moves to bigger sides before (e.g. Arsenal, At Madrid etc) which also suggests that other sides see the same quality we do.
Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.