Dear Lurkers

  • Thread starter The Great Mass Debater
  • Start date
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Dear lurkers (and Im not talking to you Bing or Google)

Apparently there are 27 of you online at the moment.

Why dont you sign up and beef up the conversation? Come on in the waters lovely!
 
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Well-Known Member
And it's far more sensible on here than the p*nkun
 
L

Lavanche

New Member
Yeah sorry I have been so busy with my work and hate to write with my cellphone so I have been quiet whole year here even thought I enjoy all the topics and feel much more home here than Pink'un.

I'll try To be more active when games start again.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Yep this board really needs more input, it has the potential to be better than the rest
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
I havent seen many new users (apart from adverts) of late and its all gone a bit quiet, though to be expected during the close season. We need to do more to make sure this forum doesnt die off
 
Boyerboy

Boyerboy

New Member
Any lurker who is not persuaded by the quality of debate on here and by the civilised and companionable way we discuss City must want something different.

Just in case there is a chance of encouraging you to join, this site is the antidote to all the others. Say what you like but say it nicely and respectfully and others will engage without judgement, insults or put downs.

What's not to want about that. Try us, you might enjoy it.
 
Fenway Frank

Fenway Frank

Well-Known Member
Does the girl who's starting the new supporters club know we're here ?
 
C

Canary World

Member
Good shout on the pinkun Frank the place has been taken over by trolls!
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Its a quiet forum unfortunately but I suppose its the old adage of quantity vs quality. We're not the 'main' forum so I suppose we are spared the trolling by other fans. I lurked on the pinkun for about 10 years before finally having the courage to sign up (was drunk one night - think it was the youth cup run and Id been watching it on my own having moved into a new house and wanted to talk about it - the cup run, not living on my own...). I never really had any personal problems on the pinkun, but it was limited in its functionality and there were lots of pages of personal feuds. A page of debate before an argument and then 8 more pages of squabbling.

Whilst some of it was amusing to read it made you want to contribute less, and it was hard to sift through the p*ssing competitions to find the actual discussion.

There's none of that here, so really, no need to not sign up. The culture on this board is very different, Though there may be people who post in a civil way here and save that element for the pinkun!
 
splutcho

splutcho

Moderator
I think when Admin is better and back from his surgery we may see more of a social media presence for the site, which should help with numbers. Whatever happens, don't give up on the place. I like our community here.
 
Suffolk Canary

Suffolk Canary

New Member
 I never really had any personal problems on the pinkun, but it was limited in its functionality and there were lots of pages of personal feuds. A page of debate before an argument and then 8 more pages of squabbling.

Whilst some of it was amusing to read it made you want to contribute less, and it was hard to sift through the p*ssing competitions to find the actual discussion.

Same reason why i came here too. On the few occasions i tried to start a discussion, someone would give a passive aggressive reply aimed at some other member.  I really dont understand how the pinkun forum got to such a low quality, but its certainly helped this page!  It should get much more active when the real games get underway. 
 
I

It's Character Forming

New Member
For me I've been very busy at work since the end of the season and still basking in the afterglow of seeing City cruise to a Wembley win. I'm not in too much hurry for the Prem season to start tbh!

Once there's some transfer activity and the proper pre season friendlies start then it'll pick up. The level of troll posts on the Pinkun has just reached absurd levels.
 
S

SussexYellow

Active Member
I may have been one of the lurkers, normally signed in permanently but just realised the system must have signed me out!

I have been on holiday and have had quite a lot of other stuff to deal with lately, but hope to get active again soon. 

Think we need to remember that this does tend to be a quiet time of the year. Posts will pick up as the new season nears or transfer news increases.

Agree on the pinkun, the amount of trolling/squabbling makes it not worth participating. A pity because there are some good posters on there. So I will stick with quality over quantity!
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
I don't post here as much as I should but fully intend to get more active when the season starts. I gave up on the pink'un a couple of years ago. Too many longstanding posters seeing it as their personal fiefdom in which to carry out their petty feuds and vendettas. It hasn't improved from what I've seen.

The debate on here is usually very good and pleasantly devoid of acrimony even when posters disagree with each other.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Hmmm, would seem that most of the 'lurkers' are infact advertising bots!

You guys can stay away!
 
Scott

Scott

Active Member
Pinkun is atrocious really, so difficult to keep on top of things, whereas this is a lot tidier and easier to follow, I think I joined here when I saw it mentioned on twitter by one of the mods back in like July last year. I also have a bit of a lurk on WotB which is sometimes quite entertaining, although the lay out is quite dreadful on there as well.
 
C

Canary World

Member
Reflecting on this and was trying to think who was the worst troll on the pinkun so many to chose from I couldn't narrow it down to one!
 
Lone Star Canary

Lone Star Canary

New Member
As someone who's here but often just lurks, I can offer one explanation - Facebook and Twitter.  I spend far more of my NCFC social time on each of those than I do here. Getting on forums and engaging in a deep discussion generally requires you to get on a computer.  Yeah, a tablet or a phone gets used from time to time, but if I'm going to bang out more than a few characters (and I'm at home or work), then I'm grabbing a real keyboard.

I think all forms of social media have their place, but there's also been some evolution.  I've been online 25 years and seen specific topic social media go from Usenet news groups to email lists to forums to broader platforms like FB/Twitter/Instagram (no, I never did IRC)... Forums are, in all honesty, about a decade past their peak.  That doesn't make this a bad place - just a general observation.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top