Alex Neil's record.

morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Just saw this posted on Twitter, his record at Norwich City is :-

WWLDWWWWWWLWDDW

Amazing.
 
Brian Fantana

Brian Fantana

New Member
He has done really well since coming in but he has got one of the strongest squads in the league, be interesting to see what team emerges after a full summer in charge and to see what style / philosophy he imparts.
 
Boyerboy

Boyerboy

New Member
Neil Adams had the same squad pace the outstanding gamechanger Tony Androu but didn't do as well.  Perhaps it is something to do with Alex Neil after all?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wiz
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
What I would like to know is whether maintaining this level of performance would forecast promotion?

That level of performance is 2.2 pts per game if I've done my maths right (and theres certainly no guarantee of that!)

That would give us another 15.4 pts from the remaining 7 games. So round that down to 15 points (5 wins, 2 losses OR 4 wins 3 draws) and that would have us on 85 points

Good enough to go up?
 
Boyerboy

Boyerboy

New Member
Absolutely good enough. Fink tank predicts Bournemouth as champions on 84.5 (I know but it's because of the probability algorithm they use) and Middlesborough second with 83.5.

That seems about right given all the games that teams have to play each other and the usual upsets that happen at this time of year.

It would be an extraordinary set of results for any team to get 85 points and not get automatic promotion.
 
Dubai Mark

Dubai Mark

Active Member
Yes Morty, amazing and all credit to him. I am one of those who expected great things this season from this squad, but clearly it is not the strength of squad alone and having quality in the team that consistently wins you games in this league. For me, the big difference is it is no longer like watching slow motion replays, we now move the ball quicker and generally look more on the case as a TEAM.

So far, so good.....I love his interviews too, he has the right amount of confidence and arrogance and clearly very high expectations! 
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Yes Morty, amazing and all credit to him. I am one of those who expected great things this season from this squad, but clearly it is not the strength of squad alone and having quality in the team that consistently wins you games in this league. For me, the big difference is it is no longer like watching slow motion replays, we now move the ball quicker and generally look more on the case as a TEAM.

So far, so good.....I love his interviews too, he has the right amount of confidence and arrogance and clearly very high expectations! 
Its the fundamental difference between having a rookie manager ( with no disrespect to Adams) and a proper one.
 
Beauseant

Beauseant

Well-Known Member
I wonder how the people who wrote him off as an inexperienced nobody from a Mickey Mouse league are feeling now?
 
Boyerboy

Boyerboy

New Member
Unrepentant I suspect.

I am always both amazed and appalled by the modern tendency to shout out straight away on social media without knowing any facts but to refuse to withdraw and apologise when the true situation is revealed and the assumptions shown in the original response are false.
 
The Great Mass Debater

The Great Mass Debater

New Member
Bristling... I like it!

http://www.football.co.uk/norwich-city/canaries-can-win-any-game-neil/6378121/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#xuhmo46UwvjjF9Th.97
 
morty

morty

Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for that, nice to read something positive, every other pundit has us relegated already!
 
eatonparkboy

eatonparkboy

New Member
Of course, in reality he was a nobody from a Mickey Mouse league. As was Mike Walker and in the same vein, Dave Stringer. If he matches their achievements he will be a legend.
 

Sit with the City fans who turn up

Free to join, free to read. Introduce yourself, pick a player thread, and get stuck into the next match thread.

Create a free account
Top